Part time/Full time
The Physician Assistant is responsible for promoting and maintaining health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician; taking a holistic approach to patient health to provide quality healthcare one patient at a time.
The post holder is an experienced or recently graduated physician assistant who, acting in a professional manner within the limits of their duties and responsibilities, will provide complete physical and systemic assessment of patients, starting with the initial history and create a plan of care for treatment based on evaluation. They will work under the general supervision of physician to provide and demonstrate safe clinical decision-making, critical thinking and expert care in the clinic and home health settings. They will work collaboratively with the medical team to provide patient-centered quality care, one patient at a time.
Physician Assistant Job Duties
- Offer comprehensive Medical services to ages 10-99+ year olds at our ambulatory site: IntegraCare Clinic and affiliated hospital settings.
- Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient records
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Administrative Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Physiological Knowledge, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development, Basic Computer Knowledge
- Graduate of an accredited PA school
- Current PA certification
- Proficient computer skills, including Word and Excel
Some preferred but none required
Bibi Lebechi: firstname.lastname@example.org